Monday 2 February 2015

Small ways to improve your life

Hello Internet!

It's me again and recently I have had a lot of exams and homework. My days have suddenly become very busy and I hardly have any spare time. Therefore, my life has become 'unhealthy' mentally and physically. As many of you are probably in the same position, I thought I would give you some 'hacks' to make your life healthier.

My first tip is to sleep at least 7 hours per night. It has been proven that people who sleep for 7-9 hours eat 300 calories less and burn the current calories quicker than people who sleep for 7 or less hours a night. This is because a lack of sleep causes the body to produce more of a hormone called 'ghrelin', also known as the 'hunger hormone' because it makes you hungrier than usual.If you find it difficult to sleep, it may be because you are stressed about something in your life, for example work. Try not to do any exercise or work/homework just before going to bed. Another tip is to do your work/homework in a different place to where you sleep so your mind can separate the two activities (this picture is not me, just someone I found on the internet when I typed in 'sleep'). 


Another thing is to think positively as often as possible. It is very important to think as happily all of the time because good thoughts are like the steering wheel that move our life in the right direction. Also, if you think happily, others around you will instantly feel brighter and you will be able to make the most out of your days. 


Thirdly, it is important to set goals for yourself. It is the best way to get things done that you want or are reluctant to do. However, you should make them small because that way, it is easier to complete them and therefore, you will not feel upset if they fail.


This last tip may seem a bit silly but eat slower. If you eat slower then you will enjoy your food more and get the most out of it. This way your body can recognise what you are eating and appreciate it more. It also means that there is less of a chance of you choking and if you get into the habit now, you are less likely to choke when are older.


That is it for now. I will be posting again soon and if you have any ideas of posts that you want to do, tell me. I hope you enjoyed this blog. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment